Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Crockpot Pizza Pasta


January 21, 2014


This is my one of my favorite crockpot recipes! The recipe below makes enough to serve 7-10 people, depending on how much everyone eats. I normally make it for me and my husband for dinner, or for my friends when we have wine night, so it always makes plenty of leftovers. No worries though, the leftovers taste just as good as the night before. I have also tried freezing this after making it, and that works well too. (Just a side note - only freeze it if you used fresh hamburger meat - you can't refreeze meat.) 

Ingredients


1 pound hamburger (I use 90% lean) 
2 24 ounce jars of spaghetti sauce (Prego Traditional is my favorite)
1 package of egg noodles
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 
1 package of sliced pepperoni
Optional: mushrooms, black olives, or any other favorite pizza topping

Instructions


1. Boil water and cook the egg noodles per package instructions. While the noodles are cooking, brown the hamburger meat and drain the grease. 
2. Pour just enough spaghetti sauce in your crockpot to cover the bottom.
3. Layer the ingredients as follows: 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 of the hamburger meat, 1/2 of the sauce 1/2 of the cheese. 
4. Place the pepperonis on top of the cheese as you would when assembling a pizza. Add additional toppings at this point as well.
5. Repeat the layers in step 3, and then repeat step 4.
6. Cook on low for 3 1/2 hours. 

Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment